Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 8, 2008

Airline Tickets are secured - sorting and pricing of Garage Sale items have begun - and now the official 3 month count down to departure begins in earnest. Counting tomorrow, we both have eleven (11) more Mondays of employment remaining. That is not discouraging at all - seeing how stressful and blue the typical Monday can be. However, that also means we have only eleven more weeks of financial security, health insurance, matching 401k’s, and all other benefits we so easily mistake for “security” in our Western culture. ” Papa - is this really your idea and desire for us? Please give us a quick kick in our spiritual ‘behinds’ if not.”
Okay Lord, it’s time to take our training wheels off our Americanized view of “security” - and begin to totally trust you for the momentum to keep us balanced and moving forward in our journey with You.
We know we would not be happy, satisfied and spiritually fulfilled with typical retirement plans and schedules. First of all - American retirement is not a Biblical Principle - (see if you can find any Biblical precedent for indulging everything on just your own plans, needs and wants. Doesn’t sound at all like the Christ I am purposing to imitate.) and second, we would be bored to tears and die an early death.
Our prayer is - “Lord, take it all - ourselves, our possessions, our time, our health, our passions, our independence, our sanity” - - - we are willing to appear foolish to others in order to serve Christ in meaninful and authentic means.
Thank You Lord, for blessing us with a new opportunity to go out on a limb and participate in life changing experiences with You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first blog! woo-hoo!

Hey, this is such a great way to hear your hearts and be able to read it over and over again. Our family is so proud of you--so honored that we have exposure to 2 dear saints who are "GOING". I want to share this song with you that makes me think of you. Thank you for emulating this truth. We love you both,
The Gosses
-----------------------------
Give me ears to hear Your Spirit
Give me feet to follow through
Give me hands to touch the hurting
And the faith to follow You

Give me grace to be a servant
Give me mercy for the lost
Give me passion for Your glory
Give me passion for the cross

And I will go where there are no easy roads
Leave the comforts that I know
I will go and let this journey be my home
I will go
I will go.

I'll let go of my ambition
Cut the roots that run too deep
I will learn to give away
What I cannot really keep
What I cannot really keep.

Help me see with eyes of faith
Give me strength to run the race

I will go Lord where your glory is unknown
I will live for you alone
I will go because my life is not my own
I will go
I will go.

- emailed from Barb Goss